AHA 2020 Guidelines Release on Oct. 21 – New Courses Immediately Following
The American Heart Association will publish the official 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC) on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. We are excited to make an historic announcement that we will be releasing new, updated courses and materials for healthcare provider education and quality improvement immediately following the release of 2020 Guidelines.
These courses and materials will include:
- AHA’s all-new Digital Resuscitation Portfolio:
- HeartCode® and HeartCode Complete for BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- RQI® (Resuscitation Quality Improvement®) for BLS, ALS, PALS
- eBooks and digital videos for BLS, ACLS, and PALS Provider Courses
- Science In-Service elearning Course
- Highlights of science and guidelines recommendations that are most significant or those that will result in changes to resuscitation practice and protocols. This solution will allow healthcare organizations and EMS services to rapidly update their providers and offer the best patient care. The Science In-Service is offered at no charge to RQI and HeartCode organizations participating through our RQI 1Stop digital platform.
With the full 2020 Guidelines release, the AHA will issue courses and materials redesigned to reflect the latest learning principles, that not only include new and updated science, but also incorporate guidelines from the AHA Resuscitation Education Statement released in 2018.
Pricing for 2020 Course Materials
Regarding pricing of the 2020 AHA materials for the healthcare courses listed above (BLS, ACLS, PALS), please know we are making every effort to balance the rising cost of production and materials by increasing efficiency through current and new technology. The AHA generally advises that you plan for a moderate increase on BLS, ACLS, and PALS materials, HeartCode and RQI program subscriptions. We are providing the opportunity to offset these increases and will honor current pricing on new HeartCode Complete and RQI agreements, expansions and/or contract renewals made before October 21st, 2020.
2020 Guidelines News
More information will follow in the coming weeks on transition timelines, 2020 Guidelines launch events, and timing for additional courses and products to be released.
Thank you for your continued dedication, expertise, and passion. Our mission to save lives is not possible without your work every day.
We're committed to sharing the latest information on high-quality digital resuscitation education and related topics from industry leaders.