The Business Development Manager will anchor the success of the “strategic” program at the field level – moving from pilot phase and innovators to early adoption. The position continues to serve as the ‘success manager’ for the program through early majority of market development.
The Business Development Manager ensures the company’s revenue targets through a mix of activities including management of sales processes, operational efficiency, relationship management, and competence development.
The position works closely with program management, strategic partners, marketing, and services teams. The Sales Manager represents the entire range of Resuscitation Academy programs and focuses on the Emergency Medical Services market segment.
- Sales Infrastructure – Develop sales processes and tools for direct and partner channels including channel strategy and referral program.
- Operational Efficiency – Manage, measure and continuously improve sales inputs and outputs.
- Sales Growth – Achieve new and repeat sales quota.
- Profitability – Achieve expected net income by ensuring discipline around discounting, no charges and management of operating expenses.
- Build Impactful Relationships – Leverage satisfied customers as evangelists for Resuscitation Academy programs.
- Team Competence – Hire, train, teach and facilitate competence development of field sales team to create opportunities and move them through the sales stages to successful close.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business (preferred).
- 6 years of experience in a direct selling role. Preference given to those with sales leadership experience.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and development of processes experience is highly desirable.
- Previous sales leadership experience required.
- Start-up experience is desirable.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license