The Sales Manager for Resuscitation Academy Programs will anchor the success of the “strategic” program at the field level – moving from pilot phase and innovators to early adoption. The position continues to serve as the ‘success manager’ for the program through early majority of market development.
The Sales Manager ensures the company’s revenue targets through a mix of activities including management of sales processes, operational efficiency, relationship management, and competence development.
The position works closely with program management, strategic partners, marketing, and services teams. The Sales Manager represents the entire range of Resuscitation Academy programs and focuses on the Emergency Medical Services market segment.
- Sales Infrastructure – Develop sales processes and tools for direct and partner channels including channel strategy and referral program.
- Operational Efficiency – Manage, measure and continuously improve sales inputs and outputs.
- Sales Growth – Achieve new and repeat sales quota.
- Profitability – Achieve expected net income by ensuring discipline around discounting, no charges and management of operating expenses.
- Build Impactful Relationships – Leverage satisfied customers as evangelists for Resuscitation Academy programs.
- Team Competence – Hire, train, teach and facilitate competence development of field sales team to create opportunities and move them through the sales stages to successful close
- Market Landscape – Maintain a deep understanding of the demographics, needs and pain points of the market segments relevant to the out of hospital cardiac arrest Chain of Survival. This also includes the Resuscitation Academy mission and history, its alumni and its programs.
- Customer Education – Collaborate with Program Management and Marketing to refine sales and marketing collateral to include value propositions, features & benefits, FAQs and solutions to overcome anticipated objectives. This may include the co-development of sales tool kits.
- Sales Process and Methodology – Develop a sales process and methodology that meets the needs of our company and customers. Benchmark best practices from within RQI Partners and external sources.
- Early Adopter Funnel Development – Participate with Marketing and Program Management in activities designed to attract early adopters. This may include workshops, webinars and travel to prospective customer locations.
- Channel Management – Proactively lead a planning process to establish performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for sales channels (including direct and external). Develop business plans, budgets, sales compensation and incentives and clearly communicate the plans to team. Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements. Develop, implement, manage and continuously improve a lead referral program. Develop and manage a training program for channel partners.
- Leading – Drive team performance by coaching and providing clear expectations and ongoing feedback. Participate in face to face contact with local medical opinion leaders, field leaders and key customer exchanges, seeking critical strategic issues and translating those issues into tactical implementation.
- Analysis – Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of results, forecasts, performance metrics for field sales team and action plans to reach revenue goals
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business (preferred).
- 6 years of experience in a sales and marketing organization (must possess a sufficient mix of both roles).
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and development of processes experience is highly desirable.
- Previous sales leadership experience required.
- Start-up experience is desirable.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.