Let’s Save More Lives Together
RQI Go-Live Countdown: July 1, 2021
Thank you for making the commitment to save more lives from cardiac arrest. Resuscitation Quality Improvement® (RQI®) is being implemented across your system. This innovative program will change and improve how you complete CPR training.
A message from Brian Eigel, PhD
Chief Operating Officer of RQI Partners
Why is RQI better than other resuscitation education?
- RQI is delivered through individually accessed stations within your hospital, with robust cleaning guidelines to ensure safety for each user.
- RQI can be completed on your own schedule, rather than a specific class time.
- RQI provides continuity of training when unprecedented situations arise and other methods of training, such as the classroom, may compromise learner safety.
- RQI is integrated seamlessly with American Heart Association science.
- Low-dose, high-frequency training (quarterly training instead of once every two years) is proven to sustain knowledge and skills more effectively over time and at a higher level of quality. This leads to high-quality CPR performance and competence, in turn maximizing lifesaving outcomes from cardiac arrest.
There are many other reasons why RQI is the ideal program for resuscitation education. Please submit a comment or question through the form at the bottom of the page if you’re seeking additional or specific information.
How does RQI work?
RQI learners are assigned a course or courses: RQI Healthcare Provider (includes BLS), RQI ALS, RQI PALS. Learners have a slightly longer introductory session to each course in the initial quarter. Each subsequent quarter features shorter low-dose, high-frequency training with eLearning and skills practice.
RQI eCredentials, representing the gold standard of verified competence in high-quality CPR, are issued with ongoing course completion. Learners can also download a free, traditional two-year American Heart Association eCard. CE/CME credits can be claimed at the completion of all four quarters (0.75 credits for RQI Provider; 1.75 credits for RQI ALS and RQI PALS, respectively).
Let’s Get Started
MaineHealth employees, talk to us!