Let’s save more lives together
Welcome, Vidant Health!
Thank you for making the commitment to save more lives from cardiac arrest. Resuscitation Quality Improvement® (RQI®) is being implemented across your system. This innovative program will change and improve how you complete CPR training.
Rethinking CPR education delivery and quality
Why is RQI better than other resuscitation education?
- RQI is delivered through individually accessed stations within your hospital, with robust cleaning guidelines to ensure safety for each user.
- RQI can be completed on your own schedule, rather than a specific class time.
- RQI provides continuity of training when unprecedented situations arise and other methods of training, such as the classroom, may compromise learner safety.
- RQI is integrated seamlessly with American Heart Association science.
- Low-dose, high-frequency training (quarterly training instead of once every two years) is proven to sustain knowledge and skills more effectively over time and at a higher level of quality. This leads to high-quality CPR performance and competence, in turn maximizing lifesaving outcomes from cardiac arrest.
There are many other reasons why RQI is the ideal program for resuscitation education. Please submit a comment or question through the form at the bottom of the page if you’re seeking additional or specific information.
How does RQI work?
RQI learners are assigned a course or courses: RQI Healthcare Provider (includes BLS), RQI ALS, RQI PALS. Learners have a slightly longer introductory session to each course in the initial quarter. Each subsequent quarter features shorter low-dose, high-frequency training with eLearning and skills practice.
RQI eCredentials, representing the gold standard of verified competence in high-quality CPR, are issued with ongoing course completion. Learners can also download a free, traditional two-year American Heart Association eCard. CE/CME credits can be claimed at the completion of all four quarters (0.75 credits for RQI Provider; 1.75 credits for RQI ALS and RQI PALS, respectively).
Let’s Get Started
Vidant Health employees, talk to us!